Warrenton, VA

midlifeflyer

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fly
Anyone near there? I'm going to be in town next week and would enjoy a friendly aviation greet for a beer and grub after work.

I am based out of HEF. I'll be out flying sometime next week.

There are a bunch of folks from CJR/JYO/HEF.

I live along the Beltway - it's probably an hour or so out there, twice as much in afternoon rush hour.

Let me know when you'll be here and I will see what I can do. I do have some afternoon and evening events next week in the close-in DC suburbs.

Yeah I'm based at KHEF as well. Pick a date, time and place and I'm sure there might be a few of us willing to join in.

I'm arriving Monday and will be there all week so for me, it's any evening someone feels the urge, except Monday and Friday. I really don't expect anyone to have to travel far.

Edit. I just looked. I didn't realize KHEF was that close! I'll have a car so am happy to meet someone who can recommend a place.

Last edited:
I assume you mean Warrenton-Faquier airport (KHWY) the rather niche public use airport rather than Warrenton Airpark, a private airpark which houses a dangerous rogue skydiving operation.

At Linton Hall Rd. just south of Rt. 29 (and just off I-66) there's a place called Firebird's Grill that pretty good.

You mean Warrenton-Faquier. Warrenton Airpark doesn't have much on it (but a bunch of inconsiderate and unsafe skydiving louts).

To make things fun in Virginia, Warrenton is the seat of Fauquier County. Warren County is adjacent and it's county seat is Front Royal. Richmond County is nowhere near the city of Richmond (which is the state capital and its own independent city).
Fairfax County's seat is the independent city of Fairfax (meaning the seat isn't actually in the county). We also have separate King George and Prince George (not to be confused with Prince George's over in Maryland) counties and King and Prince William Counties.
We also have King and Queen county named after Willaim and Mary, distinct from Orange County and its seat Orange. William and Mary College is in Williamsburg, an independent city.

Back