BT 8500 or 8600 Cordless Phone with Call Blocker

marcaaron22

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking at having to get a landline phone with a call blocker on it as I am fed up with getting automated calls either to do with PPI, loans, boilers or a survey, so I was looking at getting the BT8500 or the BT8600 as the landline phone could do with an upgrade anyways..

Any advice ?

Thanks,

Last edited:
The other day I must have had at least 4 calls, 2 of which were automated surveys,
I am registered on the TPS but that doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference

Last edited:
I bought the 8600 a week ago (upgraded from the 6500) as I was getting sick of 'those' calls. Funny thing is, I've barely had a call since I installed it but I'm sure the call blocking features will be a godsend in time.

I think you can block upto 1000 numbers too whereas on the 6500 you could only block 10, which were filled in no time so the extra slots alone will come in handy I'm sure.

I have the 8500's, and they really are excellent. Worth every penny. Had no issues, and no annoying calls.

Is it actually better (cheaper) getting it through the BT store, as I think I read that for existing BT customers it's only ÂŁ35, that right?

Is it actually better (cheaper) getting it through the BT store, as I think I read that for existing BT customers it's only ÂŁ35, that right?
It should be one of the cheapest being an existing BT customer but I'd always check the usual retailers (Argos, Currys, John Lewis etc.) just in case there's some special offer going on. Ebay also worth a try.

Even refurbished ones?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Sorry to post on your thread.

Thinking of getting one of these for my parents. Any idea if the call blocker works on a virgin line.

Thanks

I could be wrong but I think it works on any line..

Thanks, will see if anyone else can confirm. Don't want to buy it and find out it does not work.

It works on any line, as long as you have caller ID. If you don't have caller ID they will not work. I use mine with Sky.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom