Updating firmware on NAD D 3020 - help plz

LostIn

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a second hand d 3020 for the kids tv room. What an amazing little machine, I'm very impressed so far.

I'm hoping someone can advise on a small issue I'm experiencing with the firmware update. When double-click the d3020_update.exe app nothing happens. I've tried right-clicking and running as administrator but this hasn't helped. I'm on Windows 10.

I'm able to play music via the usb input so I know the cable is okay (in case it relies on a connection before launching the update app).

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

So, you run the updated from your computer, and it sends the update to the device by the USB connection? Is that it? Are you sure?

To update my BluRay, I had to put the file on a USB Stick, and when plugged in the device recognized it and ran the update.

I can't say that this is right for you, but could you provide a link to the file and the install instructions?

Where is the d3020_update.exe file located? I would put it in an empty folder, then try to run it from there. Once you attempt to run it, look at the folder and see if more files have appeared. This could be a self-extracting ZIP file, or it could be an install file that downloads more files from the Internet. If more files appear, then they probably have additional instructions on what to do.

Steve/bluewizard

Thanks for the reply BlueWizard. I downloaded the firmware update app to a different pc and it opened up first time, so it looks like there's some or other issue with my laptop.

Possible the laptop dos not have the correct codecs to open the file.

Hummm... I've had install files that were one time use, and I've had others where you couldn't change the name of the file.

Is there any way you can down load a new copy of the file directly to the Laptop?

Also consider that your Anti-Virus or Firewall might be blocking the install. Or the lack of Internet access could be preventing the program from installing.

Since we assume the contents of the File will download into the NAD, there shouldn't be anything on the computer itself that it needs. That is, it should need any standard files from Win-10 to install itself. Likely it is just over-writing the ROM inside the NAD, and the install file simply contains the ROM image.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom