Question PANASONIC DMR-HWT150EB DLNA PROBLEM

John01543

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I hope someone can help me with a niggling problem. I recently replaced my Humax FVP-4000T with the above unit. As well as being connected directly to a TV, I used the Humax to stream recorded programmes to 2 Samsung Smart TVs in other rooms. I expected this Panasonic would be a simple replacement (after setup of course). However, the Panasonic unit does not 'see' the Smart TVs and vice-versa. Everything is connected to the home network OK, and all net services like catch-up and/or Freeview Play function on all units.
With the Humax, it was simply a case of ensuring that the 'File Share' was switched on. The Panasonic appears to require simply that the 'Home Network' is set to 'on'. Under the Home Networking menu, the sub-menu 'DLNA Client' states 'Cannot find a device in this home network'.
Under the 'Setup' menu, 'Basic Settings', 'Network', 'Home Network Settings', 'Registration Type for Remote Devices' gives the options of 'Automatic or 'Manual'. I've tried both - selecting 'Automatic' which simply returns the statement that all connected network devices can access the Panasonic' (which at the moment they can't), whilst selecting 'Manual' lists the Mac codes for 5 devices (no idea what they are as cannot correlate codes with other devices) with the option to enable or disable access individually, They are all set to enable.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated for someone with only a basic technical knowledge.
Thanks. John

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom