VLM Airlines VG 161 Antwerp To Hamburg - Fokker 50

Share your experiences about your latest flights: details and pictures are highly appreciated by our community. How do you rate airlines, in-flight meals, frequent flyer programs, etc... join this forum now!
TheFlyingSultan

VLM Airlines VG 161 Antwerp To Hamburg - Fokker 50

Post by TheFlyingSultan »

Dear aviators,

A few months ago I tried out VLM Airlines for the 2nd time from ANR. Previously, I’ve flown to GVA on the F50 (see https://www.aviation24.be/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=56001) and now it was time to sample the route to HAM. I booked a oneway ticket for € 49 - a bit more expensive than to GVA - in the 2nd week of operation of the route. Nowadays, the return flight HAM-ANR continues to SOU making it possible to book HAM-SOU with a stop on ANR. This is by my knowledge the 1st time ANR is used as a stopover point. The same will happen with BHX when this route starts from ANR on Oct 5th.

Here’s the route map for this flight (courtesy of Great Circle Mapper, copyright Karl L Schwartz).

And here are the flight details:

ANR to HAM
VG 161
Fokker 50 OO-VLQ ‘City of Manchester’
STD-STA 07h05-08h35
Y class
seat 10A

The report, as usual in video format:

TheFlyingSultan

Comet

Re: VLM Airlines VG 161 Antwerp To Hamburg - Fokker 50

Post by Comet »

We had a few flights on VLM in the past - 2 in 2002, 2 in 2003 and 2 in 2007. They were brilliant to fly with, just a pity they no longer fly to and from LCY.
Sabena and Sobelair - gone but never forgotten.
Louise

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

As far as I know, Cityjet (with VLM staff) still flies to and from LCY from ANR?
Thomas

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

It looks like your flight had a very low load factor. I wonder how long VLM will be able to sustain such a situation with an otherwise nice flight and a free meal which tends to become a rarity nowadays.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience! Keep them coming.

Impressive pictures of the blades falling off. Autumn is early this year :)

By the way, seat 10A doesn't fit with your habits! What happened?
André
ex Sabena #26567

TheFlyingSultan

Post by TheFlyingSultan »

Comet wrote:We had a few flights on VLM in the past - 2 in 2002, 2 in 2003 and 2 in 2007. They were brilliant to fly with, just a pity they no longer fly to and from LCY.
KriVa wrote:As far as I know, Cityjet (with VLM staff) still flies to and from LCY from ANR?
Both airlines have ‘demerged’ but VLM Airlines provides aircraft and crew for Cityjet.
sn26567 wrote:It looks like your flight had a very low load factor. I wonder how long VLM will be able to sustain such a situation with an otherwise nice flight and a free meal which tends to become a rarity nowadays.
Me too André. Only time will tell I guess. The GVA route does well now I heard, I find it a very good alternative for the easyJet and Brussels Airlines route from BRU.
sn26567 wrote:Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience! Keep them coming.
I will do my best :)
sn26567 wrote:Impressive pictures of the blades falling off. Autumn is early this year :)
Lol, the tricks of editing ;)
sn26567 wrote:By the way, seat 10A doesn't fit with your habits! What happened?
I was assigned this seat as I just asked for a window seat. When the load is light, all pax on the F50 are concentrated at the rear end of the plane for balance purposes as the plane is ‘heavy on the nose’. Hence the purser had to ask the captain if it was ok for for me to be reseated to the front for landing. It was!

TheFlyingSultan