Adobe Creative Cloud has already been cracked

Shawn Knight

Staff member

adobe photoshop pirated adobe

Adobe Creative Cloud was revealed earlier this month and finally became available just a couple of days ago. The cloud-based software came about partially as a method to thwart piracy yet here we are just two days removed from the launch and Adobe’s Creative Cloud has already been pirated.

A Pirate Bay user by the name of Ching Liu recently uploaded a cracked version of the software onto the peer-to-peer sharing website. Comments left on the upload claim it works just fine, too. It’s worth pointing out that we don’t condone piracy but at the same time, it remains to be seen whether or not the cracked version will be able to reconnect with Adobe servers to re-validate on a monthly basis.

If you aren’t familiar, Creative Cloud allows users to pay a monthly subscription fee to use the company’s software suite instead of paying a one-time fee up front to download or buy a physical copy of a specific program. This subscription model was supposed to prevent widespread illegal use of programs like Photoshop but the problem is, Adobe still has to allow users to install an app on their computer to connect to the cloud. That app is exactly what’s been cracked.

If I had to take a guess, pirating of Adobe’s software will continue indefinitely until they are able to keep everything bundled on their servers and simply allow users to access suites through their web browser.

Permalink to story.

If you give them a reason to hack your $oftware, it will get hacked (and the more expensive, the sooner)...

Clouds are for clowns who think they are going to dump their crap in somebody else's backyard and it's going to lay there forever...

There is an eternal wisdom that says - you want something done right, do it yourself, and that includes keeping your own stuff.

I never doubted this would happen for a second xD

Happened a lot sooner than expected though

Shawn Knight said:
If I had to take a guess, pirating of Adobe’s software will continue indefinitely until they are able to keep everything bundled on their servers and simply allow users to access suites through their web browser.

And I hope they will. I'm sick and tired of damn pirates stealing the software at the expense of honest, paying customers like me.

Good going crackers!
Piracy isn't that bad. I don't even think it's piracy is it?

It's only when you re-sell something you don't own.

This is just making a tool available, from a stupid company which

makes stupid software that people sadly depend upon. Stupid greedy assmericans

and their BS excuses :/.

And I hope they will. I'm sick and tired of damn pirates stealing the software at the expense of honest, paying customers like me.
Exactly how much money did you lose? How much did Adobe lose? I'll tell you... 0$

Now here is the part where you whine and say that they lost potential sales or complain that their prices rise because of piracy. Software is a renewable resource. they didn't lose anything or any money. Pirates did not "steal" because they would have to deprive Adobe of their products for it to be theft.

@ Darkshadoe

Fair enough, that's a valid argument when it comes to punishing paying customers for the acts of pirates. But the issue here (which the other guest doesn't grasp) is that paying for something is about showing support for it.

When you pirate software you're no longer supporting the developer. IMO this is fair when you have no money (starving student) as you can still promote to your friends and people IRL, but it's complete bullshit when you can afford the product but refuse to pay for it. (I'm reminded of a moment with a friend telling me how much he loves Crysis II and that everyone should play it, and that he loves the dev. I asked him how much he got it for and he told me he torrented it. He earns $50k a year. I called him a hypocritical a**hole for not purchasing a $40 game when he could afford it.)

It's easy. If you like a product, you should pay to support it. If you can't justify it, it's not worth your time and money. There are plenty of free alternatives.

Fair enough, that's a valid argument when it comes to punishing paying customers for the acts of pirates. But the issue here (which the other guest doesn't grasp) is that paying for something is about showing support for it.

FWIW, Adobe is the most arrogant and pricey company it the retail market.

There is special purpose imaging and movie editing software far more expensive than Adobe, but you'll likely find in in Hollywood only

PSE is a nightmare in its later editions, and gets a new edition sooner and sooner every cycle. An upgrade used to be priced @ 70% of another complete copy, now I don't even think they offer one.

Adobe isn't punishing you because of the pirates, they're punishing for being stupid enough to go along with them.

This is an old argument, and one which the RIAA / MPAA loves to flaunt. It says a pirated copy is a stolen copy. In point of fact, very few of the pirated copies would be bought at retail. It's just a load of hype and propaganda. I'm not condoning it mind you, I'm just saying get your head out of your behind, and take a realistic look at the situation. If Adobe thought they could get away with it, they'd charge God knows how much for everything they sell.

Photoshop is a pro tool. PSE is an amateur tool that can be expanded almost to the point of being Photosdhop. Part of Photoshop's appeal, is snob appeal. I doubt that of the countless copies pirated, more than 10% of the people actually need, or know how to deal with its intricacies.

At the end of the day, you're nobody's martyr but your own.

OTOH, if you want to screw around with cracked copies of pirated software like Adobe Creative Suite, be my "guest". It won't be my machine that's loaded with malware, and I won't be the one helping you clean it out either.

Here is a recent post of mine from a parallel thread. You may find something of value in it.

Adobe's "weapon of choice", forcing customers to upgrade is their, "Camera RAW" plugin. They simply fix very few bugs, stuff a couple new features in, then limit camera RAW updates to a finite period of time, mostly the period from version to the next.

If you don't upgrade your cameras, you can pretty much use the version of Photoshop that matches them forever.

In the case of PSCS-2, (now free on their servers), it will work for Raw file import from the Nikon D-80 (which I have), but not the D-90, (which I also have).

In any event, PSCS-4 will import from both cameras. I have Lightroom 4, and PSE-7 which will do the same

In the case of PSCS & PSE alike, if you're going to work in Jpeg only, there is almost no expiration date. The search engine in PSE-7 bogs down badly when confronted with high image count catalogs. Point, unless both my DSLRs take a dump, I can't picture myself kowtowing to this new subscription nonsense.

Most of Adobe's applications are wildly overpriced anyway. It's just that they're so far superior to their contemporaries, they have made themselves seemingly irreplaceable.

If Adobe succeeds in this subscription venture, I shudder when I think about which other software publishers will follow their lead.

BTW, all of the Adobe software I own, (with the exception of the free "Reader"), Is legally purchased and registered.

What I'm not about to do, is embrace the fact that Adobe is now one of my utility bills....(wait for it) ....EVER...!:mad:

@ captaincranky

"This is an old argument, and one which the RIAA / MPAA loves to flaunt. It says a pirated copy is a stolen copy."

I completely agree with you... and in no way did I ever state that a "pirated copy is a stolen copy" in my comment. I only talked about supporting the dev.

I also said this:
"It's easy. If you like a product, you should pay to support it. If you can't justify it, it's not worth your time and money."

Simply, if you don't like Adobe, don't support them, but don't think you're taking the high and mighty road by pirating their software.

And meant that "you're" as a generality, not a slight against you @ captaincranky

@ captaincranky
And meant that "you're" as a generality, not a slight against you @ captaincranky
Simply, if you don't like Adobe, don't support them, but don't think you're taking the high and mighty road by pirating their software.
I actually ignored that, as I really didn't think it was directed at me. So, no harm, no foul there.

But hear this, you can support Adobe, like Adobe, and still not want to be bilked by them.

As I said earlier, I have PSCS-4. I got it for $300.00 a a special promo, because I have so many copies of PSE registered.

What were the qualifiers? PSCS-4 was indeed only $300.00, (a fair price), but the promo was run nipping at the heels of the release PSCS-5. If all had went according to Adobe's plan, I would have bought the upgrade version @ about $170.00 quickly, and they'd still be into me for close to a nickel.

Software publishers, (among others in this industry), are quite ruthless. They'll buy out start ups with good ideas, just so they don't become a competitive threat to them somewhere down the line.

With a competitive methodology like that, I can't really bring myself to "support" the product in the "hooray for Adobe" sense. I'll buy it if I need it, that's the extent of it.:)

If its good software and provided for free and has regular software improvements by recommendation of its user base it would make plenty by just donation.

"When you pirate software you're no longer supporting the developer. IMO this is fair when you have no money (starving student) as you can still promote to your friends and people IRL, but it's complete bullshit when you can afford the product but refuse to pay for it. (I'm reminded of a moment with a friend telling me how much he loves Crysis II and that everyone should play it, and that he loves the dev. I asked him how much he got it for and he told me he torrented it. He earns $50k a year. I called him a hypocritical a**hole for not purchasing a $40 game when he could afford it.)"

So it is OK to pirate if you are poor? Now at what financial level do we define poor? It may sound like I support pirating, but that is not my point. The whole subject is one big mess with both sides trying to justify their opinions and lies to prove they are right. The copyright laws are a mess also.

You want me to support the developer. Well that developer is trying to "double dip" the value of their software. First they want money when the publisher sells it to a store like Walmart or Target. Then they want money again when it is traded in to a store like Game Stop. To me that is basically stealing. No other industry sells their product in this manner that I know of ( feel free to correct me if I am wrong). Once a product is sold, the maker of the product should lose all rights to that product while the buyer gains all the rights to the product. The whole process is a scam. I believe, yes, that you should support the developer once by buying their product though, but that is it.

So it is OK to pirate if you are poor? Now at what financial level do we define poor? It may sound like I support pirating, but that is not my point. The whole subject is one big mess with both sides trying to justify their opinions and lies to prove they are right. The copyright laws are a mess also..
Just because I thought we'd have a good laugh about it, I'm linking you to the Federal Poverty Guidelines: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86991.pdf

Hell, if it's good enough for the US department of Health & Human Services, it should be good enough for the pirates........,(wait for it)...........ARGH!:D

And so goes the future of "cloud computing".
Well, I don't know about that. I think there will be a lot of people in the not too distant future who will begin The Lord's Prayer" like this; "Our father, who art in the Shepard Cloud....."

I say, "BAA".............(wait for it).................."humbug".....:mad:

@ darkshadoe

My opinion on poor is, when can only afford goods and services essential to survival (rent, food, bills, etc) and not luxury items (games, gadgets, cable, etc). These people could never pay for those thing anyways, so why even try getting money out of those "pirates", you're just going to screw their life.

Also, I'm not sure how Adobe is double dipping. It's a subscription service. I believe you're thinking about XBox One, which was Microsoft shafting their customers, not the game developers. You might be thinking of publishers? They'd be fine with crapping on customers. And yes, the "right of first sale" is a great thing, but I'm really hoping you're not trying to apply that to torrenting and are instead referring to MS's decision.

But honestly, you're up in arms about Adobe being Adobe, and you're really not disproving what I said earlier.
  1. If you don't believe is what companies are doing don't buy their product. Hell, tell others to do the same!
  2. Support the devs that offer you great products by paying for said products. Easy no?
  3. Don't kid yourself if you're pirating software. You're being a tightarse and hurting the dev. There are plenty of cheap and free alternatives to every game/software/tv show. If you can afford to help them you should.

The "online only" sim city has also shown up this week too, Can confirm it works just fine.

I think that both sides are wrong on all arguments. Here is a thing you should consider those that argue against piracy for there has been a balance breach. Meaning software companies were successful in making piracy illegal but consumers never were successful in making bully behavior illegal. And yes I am talking about the forced updates. I think a company should be forced to honor support for all their products as long as they are in business. Or they should loose all support. And this is where piracy comes in. I think all software that is not supported anymore should enter the open source community by law to be able to be supported by just freelancer programmers and programmer wannabes so good people who buy them are not forced to upgrade. If you pirate a software that is no longer supported, in my opinion that is nor legally or morally wrong since it is free. More over it is also not morally wrong to pirate a software you own a full copy of any version and you are forced to upgrade but don't want to for you already own but out of support. Here is what happen to me. I buy a stock trading software in 1999 the company was sued and went bankrupt a second company buy it and now I have no access to my software for their licensing server went off line. I am out of 3000 dollars and still own the software. So do I not have the right to it? License my a s s. I had but 2 years of use when I purchase the software. So screw the support for any company. And mind you this is just one I mention. I probably spent over 100000 in my life for software. Also one other. Windows. I had an issue where I upgrade a video card and memory and windows lock me out of my own computer. So tell me why I should buy software from company that behaves this way. You know what support told me to buy support for 60 an hour.So I spend 180 for 3 hours to fix what I buy for 100. Where is the fairness in that. A pirated version of windows runs better for me than the one I purchased so why should I ever buy anything again. Take your moral sh-pill and feed other sheep with it. We are no sheep anymore.

Back