No sound from external speakers

I have a Vista Home Premium 32 bit pc; sp1.

I have an audio problem. The audio usually works perfect. This is the second time in 6 monts that for some reason, it just doesn't get thru the speakers. (Although they sound like they are working perfect)

I have external speakers and the LED light is on to show the power is on (If I turn the speaker on/off, it appears the sound is excellent)

On the speaker icon in the taskbar, there is no red line through it. (All volumes appear fine)

When I right click speaker icon, left click playback devices there is one icon "speakers" Realtek High Definition Audio checkmarked "working". Everything on the bottom is greyed out (?)

There is no yellow warnings under device manager. When I click on sound, it says "Realtek High Definition Audio" Right clicking for properities bring up the device is working properly.

The light is lit on my networks card (is that what it's called?)

My sister used the headphones a few days ago and said there hasn't been sound since although when I plugged them in, there was no sound thru the headphones OR the speakers. (Speakers ARE working)

Attached is the DxDiag file. My sister thanks you a million in advance for any instructions we can follow!

Attachments

• DxDiag audio sound techspot.txt
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
Back