Can you read this?

Arpit Shah (Accountant) (21438 Points)

03 December 2014  

Here’s a goodie for you: 

Cna yuo raed tihs?  Suteids sohw taht olny aoubt 55 prcenet of plepoe can (atculley trheer is no scuh sudty).  I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.  Tihs sohws us the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid.  Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are in, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae.  The rset of the txet can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm.  Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but isntaed rades the wrod as a wlohe.  Azanmig huh?  Yaeh and we awlyas tghuhot slpelnig was ipmorantt!

Pretty interesting… I’m not exactly sure who wrote it.  I originally saw this a few months ago inserted as the test blog entry in a fresh installation of the Joomlacontent management system (so maybe a Joomla programmer wrote it).  Now it seems to be spreading around in chain mail as well… thanks Ash ;-)  I looked into it far enough to confirm that there is absolutely no such study on this topic at an English university.  Anyway, it was interesting enough to post.  Okay, now everyone quickly send this to your favorite English teacher… I mean… Oaky, now erveoyne, qciukly sned tihs to yuor fvaortie Eginslh tahceer.